Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This afternoon while at the wheel I was completely scared to death at what I saw on the road, at the intersection to be precise. I was taking a left turn and it was a complete NO NO for pedetrians to be crossing the road from my left to right. After the signal turned green I started accelerating and WHOA! there was this lady crossing right in front of me when she was not supposed to! She stood right in the middle of the road and as if out of no where she started making some funny movements with her hands as though she were boxing some imaginary person in front of her. YUP! You got it. The poor lady was mentally derailed. Almost everyone waiting at the other signals had this " what the hell is happening" kind of a look on their faces. One man was cursing her under his breath without realising that she is mentally unstable.

Believe me I felt so bad for this wowan. Infact coming to think of it this was the same lady who was walking right in the middle of a very busy street a few days back too. And that day she was cursing and imaginary someone loudly on the road Luckily, with the speed of the oncoming cars she moved out in time. You might ask me as to how I know it is the same woman. Because I was on the very same street today too just like I was a few days back.

This woman is putting not only her life in danger but the lives of the drivers on the road too! I could have killed her accidently had it not been for my presence of mind to look on all sides of the road before making my left turn! Boy! So important to obey ALL traffic rules.

I beginning to think someone has to report this lady to the law enforcement officials. Maybe I will the next time I see her. Where the hell is her caretaker, if at all she has one, I wonder!

1 comment:

Kavitha said...

OMG..where exactly is it? I'll drive much more carefully too. This is crazy and I am very sorry for that person.