Monday, March 3, 2014

Where was I?

I absolutely have no idea when was the last time I blogged and hanks to an old friend of mine I am back today...So much has happened over all these months and yet some things just remain the same! Kids have grown up, Hyderabad and embraced us in all her warmth and comfort and my husband is still the same old  "oh, what are we doing in India, we need to get back". I did say somethings have remained the same :-)

A new madness called baking has come to the fore! I have my very own website and I think I can pat myself for starting from scratch and taking it a fairly good distance. Simple pleasures but they give you so much joy. My happiness knows no bounds everytime I hear these golden words " I need to place an order".........Baking along with my other passion , which by the way is at the very top, music, has helped fill that void in my life and I feel truly blessed to have all the wherewithal for sustaining these passions not to mention my super duper husband and my adorable brats who are the guinea pigs everytime my fingers are itching to whip up something new. Oh ! The wonderful aroma and sight of those cupcakes rising like the bright sun in your oven. Nothing comes close to all this really, nothing.

Yes, I am the mompreneuer ( mom + entrepreneur) and although I would love to take credit for this new word on the block, I cannot since it has been coined by someone else. The best of both worlds I daresay, at home for the kids and at home for myself to perfect the art of baking ever so often. It is an ocean out there , a baking ocean full of small and big ideas, the deeper you go the more you see and the more you learn. Funny isn't it, as you grow older in life you realize certain things about yourself you would have never known of before! All it takes is the daring to put forth your dreams into action, the courage to know that you can do it and the support from family.

Beep beep beep! My oven you know, I have my cupcakes yelling at me. Have to run.

1 comment:

Kavitha said...

Love your passion Anj! Keep rocking the cup cakes world. If only you could ship your orders!