Music, what it does to some it does nothing to many. They say, of all the art that is close to God, music is the one that is the closest to the Almighty! Not too difficult for me to see why. Music and in this case , hindustani classical music, has something which moves me tremendously. Is it the particular raag or the pakad or chalan that touches my soul I really don't know. When you 'feel' and sing the song there is so much beauty in the rendition, so much passion of the singer that you can in it, it almost makes you cry. Everytime I listen to some good hindustani music I have goose bumps. I have always thanked God and continue to thank him for giving me a great ear for music. Yes, to those skeptics out there who want to know how I am so sure of my talent, when you sit down to sing and you feel all the beautiful emotions of joy, happiness , contentment surging within you, you know you have a gift that is God given! Everybody can sing but very few can sing melodiously and that my friend is a talent. And only a talented singer or someone with a good ear for music can make out the difference.
There are many times when I wonder what the purpose of my life really is and my mind immediately takes me to the bottom most recesses of my heart where I can see music residing. I have a talent and I am pursuing it, maybe I should do it with a little more zeal. It takes effort and patience to make your talent go places. For now the competition is only with myself!
There are many times when I wonder what the purpose of my life really is and my mind immediately takes me to the bottom most recesses of my heart where I can see music residing. I have a talent and I am pursuing it, maybe I should do it with a little more zeal. It takes effort and patience to make your talent go places. For now the competition is only with myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment