Children! Nothing but oodles of joy and innocence. The questions they ask seem at times very "mature" like and it really does throw you off guard. This has happened to me many times and I am sure many parents will agree. But all they want and need at that time is an anwer that they can comprehend-something very simple, something on their wavelength. Boy! That can be hard for parents to do at times, funny isn't it?
Just the other day I was teaching my older one about "love". How we love our parents, our siblings, our relatives and on and on we can go! He asked me "mom, why did you marry dad?" "because I love him"came my quick retort. He looked at me and then after a few moments said in the most innocent manner possible " then I can marry you too! ." I was so struck by the innocence and beauty of it all that I just burst out laughing and said " mom and dad love each other differently than you love your mom" Hmmmm, is my son going to understand that? Hell no! and the look on his face was enough sign of that! I held him closer and told him " when you grow up to become a big strong man and love a woman, you will marry her." There were few more question-answer rounds after that and finally when he was satisfied with my responses we quit the topic. Phew!
Kudos! to you my kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment